Friday, September 21, 2007
I think it's a record for me!
11:44 a.m. and I just googled for the first time. I am a badge carrying member of the grammar police, and a question came up about the past tense of ring... as in to ring something up on a cash register. I rang? I rung? I have rung? Definitely not I have rang... which led to the question of swam? swum? Rung and swum just sound wrong, don't you think? But thanks to Google, I know that they are past participles. I rang, but I have rung. I swam, but I have swum. Huh. Sounds wrong somehow, but it's not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You have been tagged! Check out my blog.
That is an awesome photo of you!
Miss you----xoxox.
Hiya G-G. New reader here. Saw your post on Bizzyville. Interesting blog!
You know how the Merriam-Webster folks are always cataloging new words and thus imbuing them with official status? You know, words like spyware, rigntone, and unibrow. Why don't they get in the business of killing off old useless words like rung and swum. Seriously does anyone use those?
Post a Comment